St Augustine’s Anglican Kindergarten is rated as Exceeding National Quality Standards (NQS) under the National Quality Framework (NQF).
What the NQF means for you
The National Quality Framework (NQF) for Early Childhood Education and Care helps ensure your child is given the best possible start in life. The NQF has quality standards to improve education and care across long day care, family day care, preschools, kindergartens and outside school hours care services.
Benefits for families
- greater individual care and attention for children
- better support for children’s learning and development
- educators with increased skills and qualifications
- improved educator to child ratios in most services
- a new rating system of education and care services.
Services are assessed against the NQS by the state or territory regulatory authority and receive a rating for each of the seven quality areas of the NQS, as well as an overall rating.
An overall rating of Exceeding NQS is given to services that go above and beyond the requirements of the NQS in at least four of the seven quality areas including:
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
The National Quality Framework (NQF) for early childhood education and care was agreed by all Australian governments to get better educational and development outcomes for children using education and care services.
Implementation of the NQF is guided by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
To find out more information about the NQF and service ratings, visit the ACECQA website or ACECQA’s family focused website, Starting Blocks.