Each session consists of a good balance of group time and individual play.
Numerous and diverse play stations are set up each day for your child to enjoy across our three spacious play spaces.
Here are the types of activities that are available for your child on any given day at St Augustine’s.
- Exploring our worm farm and discovering other aspects of our sustainability ethos
- Taking care of our garden, plantings and vegetables
- Investigating and discussing objects from our natural world like plant matter, bird’s nests, insects and more
- Feeding and caring for the resident bunny, turtle and chicken
- Painting both indoor and out
- Pasting and sculpting with paper, recycled packaging, textiles, clay and playdough
- Sensory play with sand, water, goop, slime and bubbles
- 3D construction with a wide variety of blocks and building toys
- Experimenting with drawing and writing materials
- Engaging in school readiness activities
- Role playing with dress ups
- Imitative play in our household kitchen, camping and office/workplace spaces
- Celebrating special events throughout the year like Mother’s Day and Pyjama Day
- Deciphering a wide variety of puzzles
- Reading stories in our dedicated library lounge
- Group time including reading stories, playing games, singing songs, dancing and playing musical instruments and group discussions
- Families taking part in “stay and play”
- Undertaking science and technology investigations
- Playing outdoors which includes natural exploration of our unique bush setting, climbing and our very popular sandpit and interactive water pump
- Learning from a variety of community visitors such as the dentist, optometrist, police, local primary schools and other educational programs like Healthways Water Safety program and the Responsible Pet Program
- Engaging in sports and wellbeing programs including our special soccer program